- To provide effective, efficient and accountable local government for the parish, enabling residents to be involved in the life of the community and its future development.
- To be a strong voice for residents and local businesses, working to improve the overall parish area both built and natural, while preserving the uniqueness of heritage areas.
- To understand and communicate the views, needs and aspirations of residents and businesses to statutory and non-governmental bodies as required.
- Increase public involvement in the community through ensuring the Parish Council and its activities are open, transparent and accountable to residents.
- Support local business and economic activity in the parish.
- Work with other Councils to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education.
- To support the work of parish voluntary organisations through grants and practical support.
- Respond to planning applications and other statutory consultations on time, ensuring that recommendations made to Shropshire Council adhere to the Community Plan, any statutory regulations, and the interests of the community.
- Promote, within our community, activities which support the principles of environmental sustainability and an ethical society, working with others to keep public places clean and safe.
- Ensure that Councillors and Staff have access to high quality training and development opportunities and that they meet all required standards, for example working towards recognition under the Local Council Award Scheme.
Parish Council Business Plan 2018 – 2022
The Parish Council has adopted a long term Business Plan to help direct its work.
Here is our Business Plan 2018 – 2022
Action Plan 2018-2019
Here is our Action Plan as at January 2019