As a public body we strive to provide value for money and have a sound financial management system in place.
We have a duty to spend taxpayers’ money lawfully and before spending we ensure that:
- We have a legal power to do so. (There must be legislation in place to allow us to spend otherwise we would be acting ultra vires – beyond our powers).
- We spend money in accordance with our Financial Regulations.
- We do not take unnecessary risks.
- Our spending is open to public scrutiny.
We are governed by legislation and have a duty to:
- Appoint a Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) to manage its finances (Local Government Act 1972, S151).
- Spend money in accordance with our Financial Regulations
- Agree to a budget based on our Strategic Plan Review 2018 – 2022 which outlines planned spending over a period of time.
- Have in place a sound system of internal control which includes internal audit, at least annually, and carried out by an independent auditor.
- Approve spending each month and monitor spending against the approved budget.
- Publish accounts in accordance with audit regulations.
Monitoring and Control
The Council’s investments are managed by its Investment Strategy
The Council manages its finances in accordance with legislation by the following guidance as laid out in The Good Councillors Guide to Finance and Transparency 2017 and Governance and Accountability for Smaller Authorities in England 2018
Income and Expenditure
Year ending 31 March 2021
Please note that the AGAR is a scanned document and does not comply with the Accessibility Regulations. However, these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media upon request to the Clerk
Year ending 31 March 2020
Please note that the AGAR is a scanned document and does not comply with the Accessibility Regulations. However, these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media upon request to the Clerk.
Grants are awarded in accordance with our Community Grant Policy
All applicants must complete our Community Grant Application Form