Welcome to the website for
Oswestry Rural Parish Council
where you can find out about the activities of the Council and information about the parish.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED
ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
- Date of announcement: 12 June 2019
- Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Sharon Clayton – Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
64 Cherrybrook Drive, Broseley, Shropshire, TF12 5SH,
Commencing on Monday 17 June 2019 and ending on Friday 26 July 2019
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by: Sharon Clayton BA (Hons) Fellow SLCC
Responsible Financial Officer
Further information can be found here
Local Housing Needs Questionnaire
Thank you to all those who responded to our questionnaire on local housing needs. As part of this questionnaire the Parish Council is seeking residents opinions on the need for a Neighbourhood Plan. You can learn more about Neighbourhood Planning here.
More information about the Housing Needs Survey can be found here.
Links to Parish websites
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Try our search facility, or it may be you need to look at another site. Here are some links that you might find useful:
Other useful websites