Oswestry Rural Parish Council aims to:
- Deliver local services cost effectively and efficiently through best value.
- Ensure that community development is driven by the local community and that it represents their needs and ambitions.
- Represent the views of the local community by working with them to improve the local environment and preserve its heritage.
The council’s objectives are:
- Work closely with the local community by listening to their views, needs and aspirations and assist to bring these into fruition.
- Demonstrate openness, transparency and accountability in all Parish Council activities.
- Support the local economy.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to improve and enhance the local environment.
- Support the work of voluntary groups and organisations.
- Represent the views of local residents in response to local planning applications.
- Promote ethical and fair practices to promote harmony and social inclusion.
- Support efforts to sustain the social, environmental and economic capital within the parish.
- Ensure that Councillors and staff are sufficiently trained to deliver public services to the people served by the Parish Council.